By Alessandro Bassi, Micah Beck, Terry Moore (auth.), Alain Jean-Marie (eds.)
This publication constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh Asian Computing technological know-how convention, ASIAN 2002, held in Hanoi, Vietnam in December 2002.
The 17 revised complete papers awarded including invited contributions have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 30 submissions. The convention used to be dedicated to web computing and modeling, grid computing, peer-to-peer structures, and cluster computing. one of the matters addressed are scalable infrastructure for international facts grids, allotted checkpointing, checklist coloring, parallel debugging, combinatorial optimization, video on call for servers, caching, grid environments, community enabled servers, multicast communique, dynamic source allocation, site visitors engineering, path-vector protocols, Web-based net broadcasting, Web-based middleware, and subscription-based net prone.
Read or Download Advances in Computing Science — ASIAN 2002: Internet Computing and Modeling, Grid Computing, Peer-to-Peer Computing, and Cluster Computing 7th Asian Computing Science Conference Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4–6, 2002 Proceedings PDF
Best computing books
Build trustworthy, scalable, safe, high-performance platforms to totally make the most of the facility of cloud computing
* indicates you ways to take advantage of a hundred robust complicated beneficial properties of Puppet, with particular step by step directions
* Covers all of the well known instruments and frameworks used with Puppet: Dashboard, Foreman, MCollective, and extra
* contains the most recent positive factors and updates in Puppet 2. 7
* Written in an easy, useful variety by way of a qualified structures administrator and Puppet professional, each recipe has particular step by step directions displaying you the precise instructions and configuration settings you wish
A revolution is coming to IT operations. Configuration administration instruments can construct servers in seconds, and automate all of your community. instruments like Puppet are necessary to take complete good thing about the facility of cloud computing, and construct trustworthy, scalable, safe, high-performance systems.
The ebook takes you past the fundamentals to discover the whole strength of Puppet, exhibiting you intimately the best way to take on a number of real-world difficulties and purposes. At each step it indicates you precisely what instructions you must style, and comprises complete code samples for each recipe.
The booklet takes the reader from a simple wisdom of Puppet to a whole and specialist knowing of Puppet's most modern and so much complex good points, neighborhood top practices, writing nice manifests, scaling and function, and the way to increase Puppet by means of including your personal prone and resources.
The e-book comprises actual examples from creation structures and strategies which are in use in a number of the world's greatest Puppet installations, together with a dispensed Puppet structure and a high-performance Puppetmaster answer utilizing Apache and Passenger.
Explore the ability of Puppet with this functional consultant to the world's most well-liked configuration administration procedure
What you are going to research from this ebook
* Make Puppet trustworthy, performant, and scalable
* Produce attention-grabbing experiences and knowledge for administration
* comprehend universal errors messages and troubleshooting universal difficulties
* deal with huge networks with instruments like Foreman and MCollective
* Use sessions and inheritance to write down robust Puppet code
* installation configuration documents and templates for lightning-fast installations
* Use digital machines to construct try and staging environments, and construction platforms on cloud structures akin to EC2
* Automate each point of your platforms together with provisioning, deployment and alter administration
This e-book is written in a Cookbook type displaying you ways to establish and extend your Puppet infrastructure. It progresses via specified info at the language and lines, exterior instruments, reporting, tracking, and troubleshooting, and concludes with many particular recipes for coping with renowned applications.
Who this publication is written for
The booklet assumes that the reader already has a operating Puppet install and maybe has written a few easy manifests or tailored a few released modules. It additionally calls for a few event of Linux structures management, together with familiarity with the command line, dossier approach, and textual content enhancing. No programming adventure is required.
Hands-on troubleshooting tools at the most modern unlock of SQL Server
The 2012 free up of SQL Server is the main major one given that 2005 and introduces an abundance of latest positive aspects. This serious e-book presents in-depth assurance of most sensible practices for troubleshooting functionality difficulties in keeping with a high-quality knowing of either SQL Server and home windows internals and indicates skilled DBAs the way to be sure trustworthy functionality. The crew of authors indicates you the way to grasp using particular troubleshooting instruments and the way to interpret their output so that you can speedy determine and get to the bottom of any functionality factor on any server operating SQL Server.
• Covers the center technical subject matters required to appreciate how SQL Server and home windows will be operating
• stocks top practices so you understand how to proactively display screen and steer clear of difficulties
• exhibits tips to use instruments to speedy assemble, research, and successfully reply to the resource of a system-wide functionality issue
Professional SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting permits you to quick get to grips with the adjustments of this generation that you can most sensible deal with database functionality and troubleshooting.
A wide foreign convention on Advances in clever keep an eye on and leading edge Computing used to be held in Hong Kong, March March 16-18, 2011, below the auspices of the foreign MultiConference of Engineers and computing device Scientists (IMECS 2010). The IMECS is prepared via the foreign organization of Engineers (IAENG).
Das Werk bietet einen kompakten Überblick über das Thema Computernetzwerke. Sein Aufbau orientiert sich an den Schichten der etablierten Referenzmodelle und behandelt für jede Schicht die Geräte und die wichtigsten Protokolle. Zu den Protokollen gehören auch Netzwerktechnologien wie Ethernet, WLAN, Bluetooth, usw.
- Soft Computing in Industrial Applications
- The Practice of Cloud System Administration: Designing and Operating Large Distributed Systems, Volume 2
- Advances in Mobile Cloud Computing and Big Data in the 5G Era
- Basiswissen Softwaretest: Aus- und Weiterbildung zum Certified Tester - Foundation Level nach ISTQB-Standard
- Advances in High Performance Computing and Computational Sciences: The 1st Kazakh-German Advanced Research Workshop, Almaty, Kazakhstan, September 25 to October 1, 2005
- Macmillan Dictionary of Personal Computing & Communications
Extra info for Advances in Computing Science — ASIAN 2002: Internet Computing and Modeling, Grid Computing, Peer-to-Peer Computing, and Cluster Computing 7th Asian Computing Science Conference Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4–6, 2002 Proceedings
17, Jan. 1993, pp 4-27. K. Hwang, H. Jin, E. Chow, C. L. Wang, and Z. Xu. 60-69. K. Hwang, H. Jin, and R. S. C. 26-44. K. Hwang, H. Jin, R. Ho and W. 171-184. J. L. Kim and T. Park, “An efficient protocol for checkpointing recovery in distributed systems”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Aug. 955 – 960. R. Koo and S. Toueg, “Checkpointing and Rollback-Recovery for Distributed Systems”, IEEE Trans. 5. 955-960, Aug. 1993. K. Li, J. Naughton and J. Plank, “Low-Latency Concurrent Checkpoint for Parallel Programs”, IEEE Trans.
The waiting time may be rather long in each debugging cycle if a program is replayed from the beginning state to the breakpoint state. Developing a technique to minimize this waiting time seems necessary. C0,0 e0,s B0 C0,1 C0,k P0 m1 P1 B1 C1,1 C1,0 C1,k m2 e1,r (a) C0,0 e0,s P0 m1 P1 C1,0 B0 C0,1 C0,k C0,x B1 C1,1 C1,k m2 e1,r (b) Fig. 2. Consistent and inconsistent recovery lines A solution is offered by checkpointing techniques. e. whenever a program’s execution fails, the execution of the program may proceed from the last available checkpoint to avoid to restarting at the beginning state.
Volkert DR 2 2. 3. If there is a DR2-path between any two checkpoints Cp,i, Cq,j (Cp,i → Cq,j), then Cq,j is replaced by a checkpoint Cq,j-1 in the checkpoint set. Continue Step 2 until there is no DR2-path between any two checkpoints in the set. The final checkpoint set is the recovery line. 7 Application of Shortcut Replay The shortcut replay is introduced as a new replay method that allows users to reduce the waiting time during debugging parallel programs. It has been used in two methods: Rollback-One-Step (ROS)  and MRT .